Summer of 2017 is upon us! It is hard to believe that another school year has come and gone. On Friday, May 26, we graduated another great class of young people. It truly is a privilege to work with the students of the Baldwin-Woodville Area School District. I want to thank the students, parents, community, and especially the staff for another great year. It really was a great year and here are just a few of the highlights.
● It was the first year being in the new Greenfield building and Viking as “true” middle school. The climates and cultures remained positive and supportive and we attribute that to the wonderful parents, students, staff, and community that we have in Baldwin-Woodville.
● We had incredible community support at the Halloween Parade, Dr. Seuss Night, Grandparents Day, and our End of Year Picnic at Greenfield Elementary
● The 5th grade DI team, Mindblowers, made it to Globals again this year. We also had our 3rd and 4th grade team and high school team make it to State this year.
● We unveiled two new spaces for our students at Viking with the shop and fitness rooms.
● The middle school musical, “Seussical the Musical” was a tremendous hit.
● “Grading for Learning” is set to roll out for the 2017-18 school year at Viking. Informational meeting will be held this fall for parents and students.
● The new Viking STEM lab was installed in April. We are set to unveil the new learning space, and extremely excited about the opportunities that it possesses for students.
● Our high school ACT scores rose again this year.
● Our senior class had two Kohl Scholar winners and a National Merit Finalist.
● We established wonderful connections with our manufacturers in the towns of Baldwin and Woodville and had many of them assist in our tech ed areas.
● Our junior class spent a day in Chetek assisting with food and supplies for victims of the tornado.
● We had great participation in our AP classes and we added a new AP Psychology Class.
● Over $500,000 in local scholarships were given out to the senior class.
● Our numbers in Forensics, Drama, FFA, and Solo Ensemble are outstanding. Student participation in so many activities is high.
● SOS is replacing Link Crew with a more comprehensive program. They held a color run this spring with over 100 participants to support suicide prevention.
● Boys Tennis team had 3 state qualifiers.
● Girls Golf team was Regional Champions, Sectional Qualifiers, and had 1 State Qualifier.
● Softball team was Conference Champions and Sectional Finalists.
● Track team had 3 State Qualifiers.
● Wrestling team had 1 State Qualifier.
● We continued implementation of Academic and Career Planning to help our students prepare for their future.
Thank you for your continued support and we will continue to work hard for the students of our community. Make it a great summer!